General Masonry Superintendent with substantial masonry trade knowledge. Must have ability to create and manage masonry schedule, hold subcontractors accountable to their commitments, superior quality control, and enforcing adherence to Outdoor’s safety standards. Reports to Project Manager. Salary: Negotiable. Some travel required.
|Lead responsibility for:
- Manage all aspects of masonry structures including block & brick work.
- Must understand & implement basic masonry principles, cold and hot weather procedures for masonry placing and finishing, etc.
- Adherence to safety standards. Ensures trade and subcontractor site safety compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervising and developing hourly self perform labor.
- Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Must be able to update and maintain schedules when impacts arise. Communicate regular schedule updates and impacts to the client as well as subcontractors.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
- Hold individuals/subcontractors accountable for deliverables and promises.
- Managing the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Candidate must have a minimum 5 years professional experience within the construction and masonry industry. Candidate must possess proven written and verbal communication abilities, proficiency with computer applications including PDF editors and the Microsoft Office suite, the ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents including drawings, specifications, contracts, scopes of work, and the project schedule. Bi-Lingual, English & Spanish, is ideal, but not required.